Colmore, a Preqin company which was founded on one idea - to empower those who invest in private markets. Private investments that are a little less private and a little more open. With customers at the center of our decision making, we are building industry-defining products and services for the fintech era, designed to give investors control, clarity, and confidence.
We operate from four offices located in the US and UK with an employee count of 200+ professionals. As an established Fintech company, we are setting up Treasury operations in Bangalore and we are seeking creative, analytical and efficient professionals to perform bank reconciliations for the clients.
As a Treasury Associate, you will provide supervision and oversight from time to time while ensuring all bank reconciliations are completed within clients SLAs. You will also have to make sure that any unidentified items are investigated and escalated when necessary. While performing reconciliations, items should be questioned and challenged where necessary to ensure they are processed correctly elsewhere within the organisation. Additionally, client reports are produced and reviewed to ensure the integrity of the data reported to clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Daily bank reconciliation review and signoff across multiple bank accounts for multiple clients
- Investigate breaks, and liaise with business to clear, be first point of escalation
- Settle transactions within FIA
- Ensure bank reconciliations support are provided to client in accordance with agreed time frame
- Complete audit confirmations for review
- Provide monthly bank reconciliation data to clients within agreed time frame
- Complete audit confirmations for review and ensure that team complete these timely
- Prepare quarterly CAS reconciliations for complex funds and review CAS reconciliations performed by team
- Prepare/Review quarterly Lux CAS reconciliations
- Review HRJ reconciliations and ensure completed timely
- Review/ Helios and SSRS Report reconciliations and ensure completed timely
- Support the control audit providing evidence of controls
- Provide support and training to team
- Provide exception reporting to senior management
- Ensure daily tasks are allocated across the team and strategic planning of the team
- Working with IT, BA to enhance processes
- Manage the coordination with third parties including depository and State Street
- Ensure that KOPs are kept up to date / in line with currently operating practices
- Identify process / control weaknesses and implement improvements
- Articulate systemic defects to IT / stakeholders and assist with change implementation programs
- Ensure risk incidents are escalated and formally documented and that appropriate remediation steps are taken
- Support management in the identification and implementation of training to remove key man dependency / increase team resiliency
- Manage weekly controls meetings and highlight risk items to senior management
- Ensure Treasury MIS is captured accurately and highlight any concerns
Key requirement for this role:
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within financial services
- Degree in Numerate Discipline (B.Com/ M.Com) preferred
- Strong experience of reconciliation management.
- Experience of performing/reviewing reconciliations
- Experience of reviewing/preparing quarterly financial data.
- Private equity knowledge (desirable but not essential)
- A good understanding of fund structures and how funds interact (desirable but not essential)
- A good understanding of FIA and other database systems is desirable.
- Proficient user of MS Excel and other MS products (confident with handling large datasets, Pivot tables, SUMIFs, VLOOKUP's)
- Strong Communications skills - both written and verbal
- Flexible team player but equally able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining commitment to quality
- Experience of working successfully in a high-pressured business to meet deadline