Colmore, a Preqin company which was founded on one idea - to empower those who invest in private markets. Private investments that are, well, a little less private and a little more open. With customers at the centre of our decision making, we are building industry-defining products and services for the fintech era, designed to give investors control, clarity, and confidence.
We operate from five offices located in the US, UK and India, with an employee count of 200+ professionals. As an established Fintech company, we are seeking creative and proactive individuals for our Investor Insight operations team in Bangalore who will be a valuable addition and help us define the future of our service.
As an Investor Insight Senior Analyst, reporting into the Investor Insight Associate/Senior Associate, you will be part of a high impact team focused on exceptional client delivery. Data is integral to our clients giving them clear visibility of the performance of their investments. You will play a key role in collating, interpreting, understanding and presenting this performance data to our clients through internal systems and applications whilst playing a supporting role to colleagues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Finding and summarising information (performance metrics, types of fees, expenses and Fund structure) relevant to Portfolio Monitoring for Private Equity / Limited Partnership funds.
- Understanding of the Private Equity industry and Fund structure in order to be able to formulate questions to the Fund Managers regarding transactions and financial statements leading to independent judgements.
- Should have a good understanding of existing reporting and cash flow processes and procedures.
- Once attained proficiency in processing, is able to review output of colleagues and ensure that the quality of MI is accurate and in line with expectations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, perform and complete tasks independently.
- Good problem solver and know when to escalate issues.
- Must be capable of independently conducting analyses of financial statements and capital account movements.
- Become a POC and able to troubleshoot for Analysts in the team
- Experience working with extracting correct quantitative and qualitative information from financial reports.
- Understand Limited Partnership Agreements and all other relevant legal documents to be able to find and summarise information relevant to Portfolio Monitoring.
- Able to work closely with other internal departments to ensure timely accurate client reporting.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the data on the system is maintained.
- Communicate with client/client leads as required, providing updates and handling escalations.
Key requirement for this role:
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Industries
- Education level – Bachelors’ Degree. Masters/Professional/Technical qualification is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working in Financial reporting will have an advantage over other candidates
- Experience or understanding of Private Equity Industry/Limited partnership funds will have an advantage over other candidates.
- Should have a good understanding in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office 365.
- Business fluency in English is required.
- A highly effective team member with strong analytical skills and consistently delivering good client outcomes.
- Capable enough of identifying how to approach tasks, prioritising and planning work in an organised manner, monitoring and measuring progress.
- Should be confident with managing stakeholders, internal and external, to a senior level.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure to meet client deadlines.
- Experienced in working with multiple deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and curiosity to investigate out-of-pattern items and to always ask “Why”.