Colmore, a Preqin company was founded on one idea - to empower those who invest in private markets. Private investments that are, well, a little less private and a little more open. With customers at the centre of our decision-making, we are building industry-defining products and services for the fintech era, designed to give investors control, clarity, and confidence.
We operate from four offices in the US and UK with an employee count of 200+ professionals. As an established Fintech company, we are setting up Fund Accounting - Associate operations in Bangalore and we are seeking creative, analytical and efficient accountants to help us support the allocated private equity funds.
As a Fund Accounting - Associate, you will be reporting to a Vice President, and will primarily support accounting, reporting, treasury, audit and tax functions of allocated private equity funds (primary and secondary), direct investment funds, clean energy funds, structured products, private credit funds and Luxembourg investment vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and review quarterly management accounts for Clients’ managed funds on an accrual basis.
- Develop the presentation of the accounts in accordance with the Clients’ corporate branding guidelines.
- Lead on Client reporting requirements, understanding the structure of the existing reports and Client deliverables.
- Oversee and maintain accounting records and ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Develop knowledge of Colmore’s existing processes and procedures to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Ensure timely and accurate year-end support files for annual audits are prepared, as required.
- Review draft annual financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP, US GAAP, Canadian GAAP and Lux GAAP.
- Liaise with auditors and tax advisors to ensure delivery of completed “Provided by Client” lists and timely completion of audit and tax engagements.
- Manage, prepare and maintain performance returns for all funds in a timely manner.
- Complete and review jurisdictional regulatory returns as and when required.
- Develop a clear understanding of the cash management function of the funds.
- Work with and provide support to the Treasury team as and when required, including but not limited to: reviewing bank reconciliations, Cash Management Reports, daily liquidity monitoring, invoice and payment releases.
- Involvement in wider team management and allocation planning.
- Training, development and potential management of junior team members.
- Involvement in RFPs for new prospects and successful onboarding of new clients.
Key requirements for this role:
- 3+ years of related experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Professional accounting qualification preferred but not essential
- Accounting degree required
- An understanding of fund/group structures is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Private equity is a must
- The UK or US GAAP working knowledge is necessary and Canadian GAAP or Lux GAAP is desirable but not essential
- Experience with FIA (Front Invest Analytics) is ideal, but not required
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting databases/running reports
- Competent user of MS Excel and other MS products
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a commitment to quality